Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Update, Update, Update and about time too!!






In October I had the chance to travel to Melbourne with my beautiful sister Natalie. We timed the trip to coincide with Paperific (paper arts expo) and we had a fantastic time including getting a Henna tattoo at a 'Celebrate India' festival that was held in Centenary Square.

We stayed at the Hotel Tolarno in St Kilda and really enjoyed travelling on the trams and discovering different places and not having any set agenda, apart from going to Paperific.

We both loved Acland St in St Kilda and enjoyed shopping here more than anywhere else, the vibe was just fantastic. We spotted Guy Pearce at an eatery on Fitzroy St, St Kilda however I wouldn't recommend a balcony room on Fitzroy St unless you like the sound of doof doof cars, loud music and merriment until the wee hours of the morning!

Spent a lovely evening with the girls from the arty_oz yahoo group for dinner at the Medici restaurant at Docklands and had a chance to chat and catch up with Julie from Collections and Jenny Crosley as well as meeting some new faces. The lovely and talented Teresa Abajo took the photo of Nat and myself that you see above.

2 comments:

Jen Crossley said...

SO great to see you again,ANd boy girl can you buy bargains I love that skirt you bought.
Glad you had fun
Jen

Lorri said...

Thanks for visiting our blog :) Good Luck in the giveaway too!
I want to go to Paperific and Melbourne in general...... can I come with you next time please? I can buy nice skirts too!! teehee